cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens warranty outside USA?

PerPule
Apprentice

Hi,

I live in Sweden, Europe. If I buy a Canon lens while in USA I know the warranty won’t be valid in Europe. But does anyone know if Canon USA would allow the lens to be serviced by Swedish Canon Service Center if there occur any problems with the lens. Or will it have to be sent to Canon in the USA?

I thought I’d email canon with this question but couldn’t find an email address. If someone know where to email this question please send me the email address.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I would buy a camera in Europe to save future problems with the warranty.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

rs-eos
Elite

Assuming each region has the same or similar policies regarding warranties, I would not expect that Canon Europe would cover a lens purchased outside of Europe.

You'd need to contact Canon Europe support to be sure.  Here's a link to their Main Support Page.

Note also that these forums are for Canon USA.  So you should also ask on the Canon Europe forums.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Canon warranties are only applicable within the region in which the product has been sold and for which specific warranty details were included in the box. Canon does not generally offer a global warranty unless specifically mentioned for specific products and/or regions.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements