cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens mounting issue

BMoon1
Apprentice

I recently purchased a used Sigma 160-600 km DG OS lens for my Canon Rebel T2i.  It stated is was for a Canon but when I went to attach the lens to the camera body, I noticed the mount on the lens is of considerably smaller diameter than my Canon 18-55 mm land my 75-300 mm and it will not mount properly.  My camera is an EF mount and my Sigma lens is listed as the same.  Do I need an adapter?  None of the research I did prior to purchasing this lens indicated I'd need an adapter.  Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Welcome to the forum:

Sorry to learn you are having challenges! 

Any Sigma lens that is made for Canon's EF mount should fit your rebel T2i.  I assume you actually mean the Sigma 150-600 DG OS lens instead of 160-600 🙂  If you say that it is considerably smaller, I would strongly suggest you check that what you received IS an EF mount lens.  It sounds more like one for a Nikon mount, which is smaller.   If you look at the rear lens cap, it should say Sigma for Canon on the plastic

Is this a new lens or a used one?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Trevor,

Thanks for your speedy reply.  Minutes after posting, I noticed the rear cap and it does, indeed, say "For Nikon".  I purchased this used off of Ebay and went back to check the sellers post and it clearly states " for Canon", so needless to say, I'm not very happy at the moment.  Could be an honest mistake but I will be contacting the seller ASAP.

Thanks, again.

Very wise, hopefully they have a high trust rating.

If this resolves your issue from our point of view, can you please mark as resolved so others will not post and try to resolve the issue.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements