cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the IS issue been resolved on Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM Lens??

RussElrod50
Apprentice

Has the IS issue been resolved on Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM Lens??  I read several negative reviews about the IS not working at certain shutter speeds.  However the reviews were 2 to 3 years old.  I'm interested in purchasing this lens for wildlife photography.  But I certainly don't want to spend that kind of money if the defect hasn't been resolved.  Thanks in advance!  Russ

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I was not aware of any IS issues with this particular lens.  

One thing I know for certain is with certain camera bodies the IS may automatically disable itself when the lens senses it is mounted on a tripod.  You may get similar behavior with a monopod if the lens decides to do so.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi RussElrod50,

There was a firmware update for that lens that addressed IS issues with some camera bodies. Information on that update is available HERE. There aren't any other listings about IS issues with that lens. The IS on the EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM lens is compatible with all of our DSLR cameras and when the Mount Adapter EF-EOS R is used it is compatible with our mirrorless cameras as well.

Thank you Hazel.  You just sold me on the Canon 600mm lens!  Looking forward to owning this incredible lens.

Announcements