cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens Adaptor for Canon EOS Rebel XS to Rebel t7

goodmann
Contributor

Hello!

I currently have a Canon EOS Rebel t7 and a few lenses I've purchased. My dad recently gave me his old camera, an EOS Rebel xs, and a bunch of lenses with it. Is there an adaptor that I can purchase to make the lenses that worked with his Rebel xs work with my Rebel t7? The lenses are a close fit, but not quite the same size. 

I appreciate any and all help! 

13 REPLIES 13

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

They use the exact same EF-S mount, the lenses should be interchangeable.

goodmann
Contributor

That is what I thought! However, the lenses are not acting as though they are interchangeable. I am unable to put the older lenses on the Rebel t7. I will keep investigating! 

Do the lenses have a white square or a red dot alignment marker? Need to match the lens marking to the camera marking. If they are third party lenses they always mount the red dot on the camera, regardless of the alignment mark color on the lens.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Can you show them to us? Pics of the front of the lenses without caps and the bottoms without caps? That would be very helpful! 

Here are some photos of the 28-135mm lens. This lens does not seem to be compatible with my EOS Rebel t7.IMG-3710.jpgIMG-3708.jpgIMG-3707.jpg

It is. Line up the red dots.  Check that there is no damage to the lens mount. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I think I identified the issue -- I think there is slight damage to the lens mount. A little bit of the metal is slightly bent in one area. I was lining up the dots and it was not working. However, this would explain that! 

That’s it. Maybe you could carefully fix the damage by bending the mount. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Does that lens mount correctly on the other camera. Ensure you're properly aligning it with the red dot on the lens mount exactly and not off center. Ignore the white square mounting index it doesn't apply to EF lenses only EF-S lenses.

EOS APS-C DSLR camera mounting indexesEOS APS-C DSLR camera mounting indexes

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Announcements