Did you mean: 

If I upgrade to a Canon R6, what mounts will I require for my EF Lenses

WildlifeNut
Apprentice

Lenses are:

1. EF 100-400mm 4.5-5.6 L IS

2. EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM

3. EF 16-35mm 1:4 L IS USM

Expense & weight concerns. Don’t want to carry 3, unless I have to.

thnx for help, input in advance.

WildlifeNut

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@WildlifeNut wrote:

"But which adaptor exactly fits all THREE Lenses ?"

All of the EF to RF adapters are the same as far as which EF lens you use, but depending on the features you want, will cost more. There is a plain adapter, one with a ring (ring adapter) that mimics the RF lens ring, and one that you can drop filters into.

Just attach the one you end up with to the camera, then swap out lenses as usual. No need to remove the adapter from the camera as you swap out any of your EF lenses... Easy peasy 🙂

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

View solution in original post

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Canon makes three different mount adapters for R Series bodies that allow the use of EF Mount lenses.  The RF-EF mount adapters remain on the camera body, not the lens.  You will only need to buy just one of them.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I suppose you can buy one adapter and switch it to the different lenses. It is pretty small and light in weight.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

EB

Thnx. Exactly the Solution I am looking for.

Buy which adaptor exactly fits all THREE Lenses ?

Cheers

@WildlifeNut wrote:

"But which adaptor exactly fits all THREE Lenses ?"

All of the EF to RF adapters are the same as far as which EF lens you use, but depending on the features you want, will cost more. There is a plain adapter, one with a ring (ring adapter) that mimics the RF lens ring, and one that you can drop filters into.

Just attach the one you end up with to the camera, then swap out lenses as usual. No need to remove the adapter from the camera as you swap out any of your EF lenses... Easy peasy 🙂

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Canon makes three different mount adapters for R Series bodies that allow the use of EF Mount lenses.  The RF-EF mount adapters remain on the camera body, not the lens.  You will only need to buy just one of them.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements