cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 lens compatibility question

Raymondk1_
Contributor

Good Morning Canon family. What lens can i use for this. Can i use the ef 50mm f/1.8 stm lens for this camera or do i need an adapter 

image.jpg

16 REPLIES 16

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

To simplify any lens with "EF or EF-S" in its name can be used.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Best buy market place is buying from third party seller not Best Buy.

But...........

"I was going to use bestbuy cause i wanted to buy it today"

Obliviously means going to the store which is an authorized Canon retailer.

EB

Thank you much appreciated 

The fast F/1.8 aperture will help in low light. It will also focus faster than the kit lens since the lens aperture is wider than the kit lens. Most of the EF-S 18-55mm kit lenses have a variable aperture of F/3.5-5.6 or the latest STM version F/4-5.6. Which doesn't help in low light or low contrast situations.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

normadel
Authority
Authority

You can USE this lens, but do you WANT to?  On your crop-sensor T7 it will give the effect of an 80mm lens on a full-frame body. This is into telephoto range. 

If you want something more "normal" in field of view, the EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM would be more suitable. Or an EF-S 18-55  f/4-5.6 STM for a basic versatile zoom lens.

This my first camera bro i don't know anything about anything

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"This my first camera bro i don't know anything about anything"

OK that's fine we were al there once. Some advice is better and more helpful then others. The bottom line is if you see this in the name of the lens it will work. "To simplify any lens with "EF or EF-S" in its name can be used."

Now a little history, once upon a time most all cameras came with a 50mm lens as standard. And at the time zooms were not the best they could be. But today zooms are as good and some are better than primes lenses such as the 50mm. So today the trend is to have a zoom lens as the standard lens. It is way more easy to use and friendly. If you have a 50mm lens and it has EF or EF-S in it name such as Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens, it will work just fine. Your photos will look exactly like what you see in the view finder or LCD screen. Pay no attention to anything else.

EB
Announcements