cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Canon rebel xt lenses compatible with the rebel xti?

Xt2010
Apprentice

I have two lenses for a xt, that is no longer functioning. I was thinking of purchasing a XTI off of eBay, functioning without any lenses. I was hoping to use the XT lenses on the XTI, and in theory it should work, but I thought the sensor size (megapixel count) might make them incompatible. Please let me know! Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

All Canon EF & EF-S lenses are compatible with the Rebel series. I'd look into the EOS R series now. DSLRs and EF lenses have been discontinued. All production has been moved to the EOS R series and RF Mount lenses.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@Xt2010 wrote:

I have two lenses for a xt, that is no longer functioning. I was thinking of purchasing a XTI off of eBay, functioning without any lenses. I was hoping to use the XT lenses on the XTI, and in theory it should work, but I thought the sensor size (megapixel count) might make them incompatible. Please let me know! Thank you in advance

Your lenses will work just fine on the XTi.

As pointed out, R series are the way to go if budget allows. However, even adapted with the Canon EF-RF adapter, your old lenses may not be fully compatible with the EOS R system, but I am guessing since you never mentioned which lenses you have for the XT. So, if you go R you may need to buy new lenses, preferably RF.

Newton

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"DSLRs and EF lenses have been discontinued."

While this may be true a person wanting to buy an XTi is hardly concerned with discontinued lenses or gear.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements