cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Canon rebel xt lenses compatible with the rebel xti?

Xt2010
Apprentice

I have two lenses for a xt, that is no longer functioning. I was thinking of purchasing a XTI off of eBay, functioning without any lenses. I was hoping to use the XT lenses on the XTI, and in theory it should work, but I thought the sensor size (megapixel count) might make them incompatible. Please let me know! Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

All Canon EF & EF-S lenses are compatible with the Rebel series. I'd look into the EOS R series now. DSLRs and EF lenses have been discontinued. All production has been moved to the EOS R series and RF Mount lenses.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@Xt2010 wrote:

I have two lenses for a xt, that is no longer functioning. I was thinking of purchasing a XTI off of eBay, functioning without any lenses. I was hoping to use the XT lenses on the XTI, and in theory it should work, but I thought the sensor size (megapixel count) might make them incompatible. Please let me know! Thank you in advance

Your lenses will work just fine on the XTi.

As pointed out, R series are the way to go if budget allows. However, even adapted with the Canon EF-RF adapter, your old lenses may not be fully compatible with the EOS R system, but I am guessing since you never mentioned which lenses you have for the XT. So, if you go R you may need to buy new lenses, preferably RF.

Newton

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"DSLRs and EF lenses have been discontinued."

While this may be true a person wanting to buy an XTi is hardly concerned with discontinued lenses or gear.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements