cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS REBEL T7 Telephoto Lenses

Adriehawk
Apprentice

I have a Canon rebel eos t7. Is there another telephoto lens that i can use past 300?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Any Canon EF lens will work on your Rebel. Canon has the 100-400 zoom as the least expensive Canon brand option, but still close to $2K. Tamron and Sigma also have long zoom lenses. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Any Canon EF lens will work on your Rebel. Canon has the 100-400 zoom as the least expensive Canon brand option, but still close to $2K. Tamron and Sigma also have long zoom lenses. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings Adriehawk,

The EOS Rebel T7 is able to use any Canon EF and EF-S lens. You may click on the following link to view our currently offered telephoto lenses where some of them have a focal length higher than 300mm:

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/telephoto-and-super-telephoto-lenses#facet:-8112697032761...

Thank you 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It's not that I want to discourage you from a lens purchase or upgrade but it is generally best practice and advice to keep all your gear essentially  in the same quality level. I.E., people usually don't put a multi thousand dollar lens on a Rebel T7. Perhaps a better choice is one of the very good 150-600mm super zooms form Tamron or Sigma. I'll bet both you and your bank account will be thrilled. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you 

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I have the Sigma 150-600 and like it. Seems to do the job and a bit cheaper than higher priced lenses.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Will the sigma fit onto my rebel t7 and do i have to buy an additional piece to add so that it will fit? 

Sigma make lenses for many camera makes and models - they are what is called a 3rd Party Supplier.  You would just need to look for, or order a lens with an EF mount - it will then work on your T7.

I enclose a link to Sigma's current telephoto lens line-up.  HERE  If you find a model you like you can check reviews for it on DPReview.com and if you shop around you may well find a cheaper deal - especially if you carefully check out the 2nd-hand market.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"You would just need to look for, or order a lens with an EF mount - it will then work on your T7."

There is a small caveat to that statement since the suggestion of a used lens has been made. You should only be considering the more current used models of "EF" or EF-S" lenses made by Sigma or Tamron.  There can be some compatibility issues with the much older used models. Of course any current new or used model will be just fine. Thousands upon thousands of them are in use today. Neither Sigma or Tamron calls their lense "EF" or EF-S" so you need to read the description carefully to make sure you are buying a Canon mount lens.

SIgma and Tamron are not the only makers of lenses but they are the only two companies that I can wholeheartedly recommend. Tokina is another maker but their lenses are so spotty as to which model is a good choice, stay away from them for now. There are some totally manual lens out there too. But again stay away from them also. 

It is best to stay Canon but I realize sometimes cost is a big factor. Most of us just can't spend the money big teles from Canon cost. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements