cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF-M 18-150 profile

DumpTrump
Contributor

Is a lens profile correction for the EF-M 18-150 available for photoshop?

12 REPLIES 12

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@DumpTrump wrote:

Is a lens profile correction for the EF-M 18-150 available for photoshop?

Why don't you ask that question on the Photoshop forum?  I'm sure there will be, if there isn't one already.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for your response.

I did a general web search and did not find any profile data.

I seached the Adobe Photoshope community that I found on a websearch--I guess this is what you meant--and found no information? I did not find a Photoshop sub-area in the "Canon Community".

I would have guessed that Canon users would be a better source for information on Canon lenses than Photoshop users. While the groups overlap, the fraction of "Canon users" knowledgeable about this lens is likely to be a bit higher than the fraction of "Photoshop users". 

I too am confident that the information will be forthcoming, with time.

I look forward to any additional help that you can provide.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You can make your own.  No need to wait.

Here is how, Adobe Profile Creator

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1 wrote:

And if you want to build yourself a new Oldsmobile, there may be a Web site for that as well.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I just looked at how to do it. In contrast to the Oldsmobile, I would not need any tools that I don't already have. But it would be a lot of work to do well. Do you know where the ones that are available for other lenses come from? Are they provided by the lens manufacturer? I have blindly trusted the ones that are embedded in my copy of Photoshop, and they seem to work very well.

--------------------

Impeach Now

"I seached the Adobe Photoshope community that I found on a websearch--I guess this is what you meant--and found no information? I did not find a Photoshop sub-area in the "Canon Community"."

Of course, not.  Photoshop is a third party product as far as Canon would be concerned.  It would be off-topic. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html  

Creating your own lens profile is only slightly more work than testing and calibrating an AFMA, Auto Focus Micro Adjustment.  The biggest precaution to take is that you need to be meticulous.  You need to be able to get precisely repeatable results.

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

And if you want to build yourself a new Oldsmobile, there may be a Web site for that as well.

Not as bad as it might sound.  The hardest part would be getting set up somewhere, and capturing consistent test shots.

ebiggs1 wrote:

Bobby you really do need to get out more.  Sitting behind that coffee cup isn't good for you.  It isn't as hard as it may seem at first.  Somewhat less difficult than building a new Oldsmobile.  But than again I did build my own car!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Are you offering to do it? You obviously enjoy tinkering and seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

Seriously, there is a switch in the software on the camera to enable lens correction. Do you know what this does? One guess is that it applies the correction to jpegs, but not to raw files, but I am not sure if that is correct. Amazingly little information in the "manual". Does it also apply the correction to raw files? Pros and cons of applying in camera vs in post processing?

Thanks.

---------------------------

Impeach !

Announcements