cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF Lens 24-70 mm keeps my 5D Mark IV from turning on

rapadou
Apprentice

When the lens is attached to the camera, this won’t turn on. In order for the camera to turn back on I have to remove the battery and the lens.

Has anyone had this issue with an EF 24-70?

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Have you tried turning the camera on with any other lens and, if so, what was the result?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Hi Tronhard

yes I have

Camera works well with wide angle sigma lens

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

If that is the case, I would suggest that the camera likely does not have the issue, but there is some short in the circuitry of the lens causing the camera to lock up.  Next step is to find another camera that is compatible and put the lens into that it to see if the lens locks it up.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Greetings rapadou,

We agree with the information that Tronhard has been able to provide. If the 24-70mm lens does not work on a different Canon camera body then you may submit a repair request through our online repair portal to see if you could send it to our facility for service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements