cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon camera and lens help please - EOS R7 and Full-Frame Lenses

Sunflower
Apprentice

So , currently have a canon point and shoot and now in the position to purchase a mirrorless camera and nice lens

I have got down to two camera

sony a6700 and canon R7

It has taken me a lot of reading and re-reading of stuff to get my head around the FF lens on the APS body.

I like the R7 but it only has four APS lens , the others are FF lens which I understand as below

so if I was using a APS on the sony , 50 mm it would be a 50mm field hitting the sensor but if I was using a 50 mm FF on the canon it would be the equivalent of 50 x 1.6 hitting the sensor the rest would be lost as it would be out with the sensor

Just wondering why canon havent invested in APS glass , I know there are going to be sigma lens this year 

if your going to be using FF lens, why not just get a FF camera or it is because of the extra reach you get 

If getting the canon R7 and using the FF lens , you would need to calculate what the lens actually will capture , something when picking up the sony aps with aps lens you wouldnt need to do

also, apart from what a FF lens on aps body is captured on the senson, I am still unsure what other things to take into account 

thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

Sunflower
Apprentice

Thanks to everyone who replied, 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"When digital DSLRs were first released they were initially all APS-C size sensors ..."

Or APS-H and it doesn't explain why everything has to be dumbed down to the lowest common intelligence. It is still a stupid and not necessary theory, IMHO, as always.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements