cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Zoom Lens EF 75-300 mm 1:4-5.6 III Zoom issues

katwoman85
Contributor

Hi All.  I just got this zoom lens and having trouble with it on AF.  Every time I try to zoom to take photos of birds in trees or on wires or anything far away, the lens just keeps spinning and spinning and never really focuses.  I tried changing the settings to Portrait mode, Sports/Fast Moving, Landscape, etc.  No luck. Getting annoyed with this.  The camera I have is a Canon EOS Rebel T100.  

If I switch to MF, it just snaps a picture and I don't want that.  I would rather it AF.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.  

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

"I bought it online at Walmart.  Wondering if I should have bought it elsewhere like BH Photo in NY."

Well B&H is certainly good folks to deal with but Walmart is an authorized Canon dealer so there is really no difference.  Plus Walmart is good at returns if needed. They probably do not have any knowledgeable camera people like B&H does so I doubt you will get a info from them.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

As kvbarkley asked above though, was it really Walmart?

If I search walmart.com for that lens, only one entry was Adorama (a trusted Canon dealer).  All the others is who knows what kind of third-party seller.

I would personally not trust Walmart and instead go directly to a known Canon dealer such as B&H or Adorama.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

@rs-eos wrote:

As kvbarkley asked above though, was it really Walmart?

If I search walmart.com for that lens, only one entry was Adorama (a trusted Canon dealer).  All the others is who knows what kind of third-party seller.

I would personally not trust Walmart and instead go directly to a known Canon dealer such as B&H or Adorama.

Totally agree with this observation.  The big box stores have an "online marketplace" feature, which tries to initiate Amazon.  Every product offered for sale is not sold by Walmart.  Walmart is not an online retailer I would recommend for camera gear.  

--------------------------------------

If you can send it back for a full refund, then do so immediately.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Spent about 20 minutes on the phone with B&H and bought a lenses from them.  I have purchased Canon cameras and equipment from them way back in 2000 (back in the day when cameras used film).  

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Agree. My Wal-Mart sells three entry Rebels and the clerks are the same as cover men’s underwear and lawn supplies.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements