cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EF-S 55-250 mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens Problem

RobCharles1981
Contributor

Hi there,

So I'm getting into Photography and got my self a Canon 600d and this came with the standard kit lens and then I looked into getting a decent lens for photography and video making and saw a review on Youtube with the

Canon EF-S 55-250 mm f/4-5.6 IS STM

This I have purschased and took it out for a run and so far very impressed overall, when I went to use it again, it appears that I have a "stuck zoom" keeping in mind its back at 55mm but it doesn't seem right?

I switch over to my standard kit lens the 18-55mm and its fine.

Can anyone help me on this please?

Thanks

Rob

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I have a "stuck zoom" keeping in mind its back at 55mm but it doesn't seem right?"

Do you mean you can't move the zoom ring?

"...took it out for a run and so far very impressed..."

Just what exactly did you do with the lens?  Did it zoom OK then? You have a pretty nice combo there. It should provide you with great photos.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi there.....

The Zoom ring I can move but looking through the view screen, the "picture" is zoomed in

I did nothing with the lens took photos zoomed in ect and that was that?

Any help?

@RobCharles1981wrote:

Hi there.....

The Zoom ring I can move but looking through the view screen, the "picture" is zoomed in

I did nothing with the lens took photos zoomed in ect and that was that?

Any help?

When you say "the view screen", I guess you're using live view. I think you may be confusing "zooming" the lens with the magnification feature of the live view screen. Your instruction manual should clarify this point.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"...looking through the view screen, ..."

Look through the eye piece view finder.  Zoom the lens and if it does indeed zoom in and out, the lens is fine.  At this point you need to spend some quality time with your manual.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Jérémie
Contributor
Hi @RobCharles1981
I have a question since you also juste bought, if you are in a quiet room, if you record a video and zoom at the same time while recording, does the lense makes a small rattling/motor-like sound?
Mine does but only in video mode while zooming.
I am wondering if it is normal or not.
Thanks !!

Hi Just an update,

It was just human error, I had asked a camera expert on this its just the way it is on this lens its all to do with "focal lengths"

Cheers

Rob

Announcements