cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

win 7 Pixma mp610 scan to email (WLM)

robcanon
Apprentice

I have a pixma 610, which as many will know was one of the best printers that Canon have made.

I was using XP, it was a simple job to print to an email using Outlook Express as the default email client.  Just click on the options on the printer/scanner “scan to email” and the email box would open with scanned image attached.

Of course things move on and supposedly get better.

I have upgraded belatedly to Win 7/64 with Windows Live Mail. However I am having all sorts of problems to get the scan to email to work as it did.  I have loaded those drivers I can find on the Canon site for win 7/64 – I didn’t see any specifically for the scanner, I assumed the main driver covered both elements of the 610.

First probelem was that the scanner didn’t recognise the default email client – WLM.  Sorted that. Second problem was that WLM wanted to use MS cloud funcionality to send the attachment (don’t need this added complexity, and certainly don't need yet another account and layers of complexity).  Have stopped that, butt now the email client opens but no attachment.

Is there a way with my setup to do as I did with one click, or will I have to backwards and scan and save to disk, then email, then delete the stored image (hardly progress)?

Advice, help, and/or instructions would be appreciated please.  Thank you

1 REPLY 1

robcanon
Apprentice

Further research indicates that this is a Microsoft issue with their latest version of WLM.  I understand as much as folks have tried to avoid having to use One (Sky) Drive,  Microsoft have made it a necessary mandatory evil if you use WLM 2011/2.  The solution I found (just) was to replace WLM 2012 with WLM 2009, now all works fine.  If anyone wants I have a full copy of WLM 2009 as it is very difficult to find.

Announcements