cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I’m a total newbie - Trouble getting good prints from PIXMA PRO-200

Kshort
Apprentice

So I’ve recently gotten into digital art and wanted to buy a decent printer to start up a side hustle so settled for the Canon Pixma Pro 200. I’m having SUCH a ball ache getting decent prints from it.
I’ve tried a decent few paper types, I’ve tried printing in RGB & CMYK, I’ve tried editing the artwork to compensate. I have installed the professional print and layout software but it’s a bit of a nightmare as I only have a HP laptop & the screens not all that great. I’m drawing in procreate then having to email it then opening with pro print and layout. 
I’ve tried printing directly from my iPad Pro but there’s no software to preview the print before sending it to print. 
Im basically very stuck & would really appreciate if any of you print/canon geniuses could give me a hand? 
Thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Kshort wrote:

So I’ve recently gotten into digital art and wanted to buy a decent printer to start up a side hustle so settled for the Canon Pixma Pro 200. I’m having SUCH a ball ache getting decent prints from it.
I’ve tried a decent few paper types, I’ve tried printing in RGB & CMYK, I’ve tried editing the artwork to compensate. I have installed the professional print and layout software but it’s a bit of a nightmare as I only have a HP laptop & the screens not all that great. I’m drawing in procreate then having to email it then opening with pro print and layout. 
I’ve tried printing directly from my iPad Pro but there’s no software to preview the print before sending it to print. 
Im basically very stuck & would really appreciate if any of you print/canon geniuses could give me a hand? 
Thanks in advance 

I have the Pro-100, predecessor to the Pro-200.

You will not be able to use the full features of the Pro-200 if you are using a device that doesn't have the Pro-200 IJ Series driver installed.

The iPad print system is a basic system.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements