cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will W10 upgrade install driver for MX870?

JoeZ
Contributor

I presume there is a driver for the MX 870 on this web site- but, will the W10 upgrade (from W8.1) see this printer and automatically install the latest driver?

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JoeZ,

Please uninstall your PIXMA MX870 before upgrading to Windows 10.  Once Windows 10 is installed, please visit the Support Page of your PIXMA MX870 to download and install the Windows 10 driver:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Our latest drivers will have to be installed in order to install the unit on Windows 10.

Visit www.usa.canon.com and search for the MX922 at the top of the page to access the MP Driver download.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OK, should I first upgrade to W10- then uninstall the W8.1 driver, then install the W10 driver? This is all assuming of course I can successfully get W10 installed- which I'm so confident in.

So, W10 won't have the W10 driver for the MX870?

I hope the W10 driver is as good as the very good driver for W8.1. I really like this printer- other than the cost for the cartridges- it's worked great.

by the way, the email sent to me to notify me of your response- the link in it didn't work

thanks,

Joe

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JoeZ,

Please uninstall your PIXMA MX870 before upgrading to Windows 10.  Once Windows 10 is installed, please visit the Support Page of your PIXMA MX870 to download and install the Windows 10 driver:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx...

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements