cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ts9520 Multi-Purpose Tray ID Card

ParadigmKaraoke
Contributor

I'm at my wits end. I have a BrainstormID j Tray for the multi purpose slot to print id cards where it prints cd's. i need to have the paper size as Disk Tray j, but the closest i can get is multi-purpose tray.

so i set it to 
Media Type - Printable Disc
Paper source - Multi-Purpose Tray
This shows an iimage of the disc going into the correct spot on a J Tray.

when i do and click print i get an immediate error in windows 10 saying 
"Print Failed, Check Your Printer And Try Again"
the printer works fine for everything else

8 REPLIES 8

ParadigmKaraoke
Contributor

i should also add that the print queue shows "spooling" indefinately.
i am connected by USB

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The J tray for ID printing is a aftermarket tray that is not supported with this model printer. Because ID Cards are not a supported media that is in the driver, it will not list the paper size you need. When you select the Multi-Purpose Tray, the computer will think you are trying to print on a disc and error out. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well. 

but the tray isn't even inserted when it errors out, it is an MP tray

my other question is why there is no disc tray option for paper size when this model prints on discs.

also, i am supposed to wait until it asks me to insert the tray which it never does even when trying to print on a cd. thank you for responding

Hey Arthur,

This response confuses me, one of the reasons I was specifically looking at getting the TS9520 is because in the description it says it is compatible with plastic ID cards.  I have some NFC cards I'd like to print to without having to go out and get an ID Card printer. Please explain.

• Compatible with a variety of media. Accepts plain paper, Canon high-resolution paper, glossy photo paper, semi-gloss photo paper, matte photo paper, greeting cards, plastic ID cards, printable CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs, T-shirt transfers and more.

1.JPG2.JPG

Is there an accessory that Canon sells first party or does it already come with the printer, that I'd be able to use for this?

[Commercial link removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshots of relevant content.]

Hi agentsfire,

The description that you cite is from the Office Depot web site.  Plastic ID cards are not a supported media type.  Please view the specifications from the Canon web site:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/ts-s...

Paper Sizes

3.5 x 3.5, 4 x 4, 4 x 6, 5 x 5, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, 11 x 17, 12 x 12, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes

Paper Compatibility

Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper;
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster;
Matte: Matte Photo Paper
Other: Greeting Cards, Printable CD/DVD/Blu-ray Discs, T-Shirt Transfers, U.S. #10 Envelopes
Recycled paper and Chlorine-free paper can be used

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ParadigmKaraoke
Contributor

ok, got it to print on the tray, but the colors are green. black prints fine on paper but photo paper and cd discs or the id blanks all print green with no black at all. also, alignment is non existent and the alignment page is unusable as some do not have any even closely aligned. what do i do from here?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements