cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tr8520 scan problem

jeffreyjon
Contributor

when i scan a multi page document through the feeder it appears to scan each page but only the first page is showing up in the saved document. Ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

Danny

Hi, jeffreyjon!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof) and which application you're using to scan. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

jeffreyjon
Contributor

i have windows 10 and have tried both the ij scan utility and just right clicking off of the printer icon.

Hi jeffreyjon.

If you can, try opening the PDF in a different PDF viewer.  It may be the preview/viewer in use is not letting you see past the first page/image.

If the PDF only has one page, open the IJ Scan Utility and click on the Settings button.

• Note: If you prefer scanning from the computer, perform this next change on the first tab on top of the IJ Scan Utility setting window. If you prefer scanning from the printer's touch screen, instead select the second tab.

In the IJ Scan Utility Settings window, select the Document Scan option.  Ensure the File Type is set to "PDF (multiple pages)" and then click OK.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

part of the problem is there isnt an option for PDF in IJ utility, IMG only. canon ss1.png attached a screen print.

Hello.

"IMG" is the default file name.  You can change this to whatever type of name you would like to use.  Make sure that the "Data Format" is kept on "PDF (Multiple Pages)".  Then use the "Document" option in the IJ Scan Utility program to test the scanner.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm gald you brought that up. The whole reason I have to use a "scan" function is that the "document" function generates this error code regardles of whether I am trying to use a wired or wireless connection. In this case it scanned page 1, started page 2, then this error.canon ss2.png

Hi jeffreyjon,

The 2,157,50 error is caused by security software installed on your computer blocking the incoming communication from your scanner.  Please temporarily disable the security software so you are able to scan.

Seriously? You expect me to disable my security software everytime I want to scan?

You should know I spent 2 hours with a rep from the security software company trying to resolve this. To no avail.

At least they had a live body to talk to.

This Canon has been nothing but a headach since day 1.

The loud crash you just heard is me throwing it out the window and starting over with a reliable and user friendly product.

You can be certain I'll never buy any Canon product again.

You can always reach out to our support team right here in the USA as well. You will find your personalized support options from within your My Canon Account at canon.us/account including the option for live, US-based support.

Announcements