cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

task bar (TS6420)

Stephori
Contributor

I had a problem,  which was addressed by three technicians and seemingly SOLVED by the third technician, who suggested I simply put my printer in automatic on/off mode.  When the printer finally cuts off the status bar stays lit.

Is the status bar supposed to never go off?  If not, am I suppose to cut it off and if so, how.  I certainly don't wish to undo the solution to my problem by doing the wrong thing.  Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Stephori,

What version of Windows are you using?
If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Are you using your PIXMA TS6420 wirelessly?   or with a USB cable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Stephori
Contributor

MAC OS High Sierra (Version 10.13.6) is installed.  I am using my PIXMA  TS6420 with a USB cable.  Thanks.

If you are referring to the status bar for the printer on your computer screen, the printer's power should not change what is showing up on the computer. At the most it would show the connection as offline/online or you would be unable to view the printer ink level.

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What issue were you working on before that you are worried about undoing the resolution for?
  2. Are you referring to the a status indication on the computer for the printer? If possible, provide a screenshot so we can see what you referring to.
  3. Is this a status indication on the printer? If so, please describe the light on the printer or provide an image.

I'm taking about the LED status bar on the front of the printer itself.  

Announcements