cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch canon printer TR8620 from offline to online

ejleche
Apprentice

I am using a laptop with Windows 8.1.  I have not turned the computer on for a few months.  Before I was able to print to my printer with no problem.  Now when I turned the laptop on and try to print I get the message that the printer is OFFLINE.  For the life of me I've been trying to figure how to get printing online with no luck.  I'm sure this an easy fix but I can't find out how to do it.  /Thanks

[Email address removed in accordance with forum guidelines to protect privacy.]

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, ejleche!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know whether your laptop and your printer talk to each other via a USB cable or via Wi-Fi. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

ejleche
Apprentice

Thanks for reply, Danny.

For more information...I have a desktop with Windows 10 and I can print with no problem.  I have a laptop with Windows 8.1 that used to print but I get the message that I'm offline.  I am connected by WiFi.  I have AT&T Fiber Optic.  Again, printing is good on desktop with Win10 but not working on laptop with Win8.1.  Thanks for your help.

Announcements