cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Another computer is using the printer"

wildflower
Contributor

This is the message I frequently get when I try to print something from my MG3240 even though there is no other computer being used or even present.  I am using Windows 8 and this happens whether I am using wire or WiFi.  The other message I frequently get is "the printer is not online", even though when I go to the printer software, it confirms that it IS online.

5 REPLIES 5

oneintheeye
Apprentice

Hi There

I hope this fixes your problem too. We had the same issue and its seems to be related to a Canon App which you need to dowload for your printer from the Windows App Store.

I found the issue by 

1) Going to the cog which I think is settings tile in the Metro Interface

2) Then going to Devices

3) Then going to printers which shows your canon printer, one note printer and xps printer. 

I think I hovered over the canon and beneath was a box which said get app. Fearing nothing to lose I did and it went to the Windows App store and took a minute or two to download the app. Now I can print again!!!

Before doing the above you may want to open the printer in control panels and delete all the previous failed print docs.

Canon/Microsoft but please let your customers know if they now need and app to make their purchases work. We phoned the Canon support line and the lady had no idea how to fix this yet it appears to be a Canon fix.

Good luck!

Thanks for the update.  When I go to the Windows App Store,  I was able to find an app entitled  "Canon Inkjet Print Utility".   However, I have re-installed the printer driver several times and it did not help.  Any ideas?

Hi wildflower and oneintheeye!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

Since you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Kruges
Apprentice

Thanks for the advice all - had the same problems here in Aus with my wireless MG3260.  It had installed on a WSD port.  So I changed it over to the CNJBP port and it seems to be working fine.  BTW  I had already tried all of the other siuggestions as well - including downloading drivers from Canon's site - to no avail,

Thank you so much.  Nothing worked that others suggested for me either so I tried what you did and it worked perfect. Thanks again

Announcements