cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with my MG8220

j-p
Contributor

Hi.

I have an MG 8220 that I bought in 2012. Late last year or early this year the yellows came out sort of orange. I would deep clean it and it would work for a while, then the problem would reappear. A few months ago I saw on Youtube how to clean the heads. I did this and it was fine for longer than usual, but now it's happening again and the deep clean uses a lot of ink. I don't print a lot, maybe less than 100 black text sheets and less than 5 color photos a month.

I'm wondering if the heads just plain wear out after 10 years or so and it's time to replace it.

What do you think? And which Canon model (with scan and copy functions), would replace it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You have done the steps we would recommend and there may be a issue with the printer head. 

Since the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You have done the steps we would recommend and there may be a issue with the printer head. 

Since the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

j-p
Contributor

Thank you for your response.

Announcements