cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my printer took in all the paper and now stuck. How do i get it out.Have PIXMA MX432,439 series.

efelicia
Apprentice

I have canon inkjet office all in one at home, mx432, mx439 series. When placing paper in while printing all the paper got pushed in and now is stuck. How do I fix this?

1 REPLY 1

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi efelicia,

Please try the following steps to remove the jammed paper:

1. Turn the machine off, then unplug the power cord.

2. Open the document tray, then open the document cover.

3. Stand the machine with the right side facing down.

If you can see the jammed paper at the front tray, stand the machine with the front tray open.
Important:

If a USB flash drive is inserted in the direct print port, remove it before you stand the machine.  Stand the machine on a wide and flat surface such as a desk. When you stand the machine, hold it securely and be careful not to hit it on a hard object.

4. Push the open lever to open the transport unit.
When you open the transport unit, support the machine with your hand so that it does not fall down.

5. Pull out the jammed paper slowly.
When you pull the jammed paper, support the machine with your hand so that it does not fall down.

Reference:

If the paper is rolled up and it is difficult to remove, grasp the edges of the paper, then remove the jammed paper. If you cannot remove the jammed paper from the transport unit, close the transport unit, stand the machine upright, then open thepaper output cover to remove the paper.
Refer to  Paper Is Jammed inside the Machine  within this webpage.
6. Close the transport unit.

Reference:
    After you close the transport unit, do not keep the machine standing upright.
7. Plug the machine back in and turn the machine back on.

8. Reload the paper.

If the issue persists, please use the Contact Us link to get in touch with our support staff who can provide any applicable warranty options.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements