cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my canon mg5500 won't print labels.

rwhite
Apprentice

I'm trying to create labels using a macbook pro and the canon mg5500 seies printer. when I try to print CD labels using the Avery labels... it won't recognize the label paper but will print on regular paper (Error message 2130).  The label paper is the same size as US letter paper. Also when I try to print out mailing labels it ask if i'm using letter paper. 

13 REPLIES 13

Ramona
Authority

Hi rwhite,

To try and resolve the issue, we can set the printer to not detect the paper width.  To do this, please follow these steps from the operation panel of the printer:

1.  Use the up/down arrow keys to locate the SETUP option, then press the third button directly below the LCD screen.

2.  Use the left/right arrow keys to select the DEVICE SETTINGS option, then press the OK button.

3.  Use the up/down arrow keys to select the PRINT SETTINGS option, then press the OK button.

4.  Use the up/down arrow keys to select the DETECT PAPER WIDTH option, then press the OK button.

5.  Use the up/down arrow keys to select the OFF option, then press the OK button.

6.  Press the HOME button to return to tne main menu.

Please attempt to print the labels again.  If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same issue... I tried this and it didn't work, still getting the same error code. I have tried printing from both PDF and Word... no luck. Help?

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Can't find the printer settings panel with these options?  

I repeatedly have this problem. It happens sporadically, though, and even if I turn off the "detect paper width" option. I still get an error saying the sheet is not centered! It's really maddening.

I followed steps from Canon community and reset the print settings as directed.  This didn't work BUT I found a way around it.  I printed my label on regular paper making sure it matched the Avery label.  I then took the copy and inserted the Avery label, copied it and Ta Da - printer took it and made a copy.  Hope this helps!

After three years of successfully printing labels from an Avery template my Cannon MG 5550 has suddenly refused to do so anymore. I have tried following other users suggestion of printing on ordinary paper and then copying but even that doesn't work. I am currently obliged to write out labels by hand. Not very professional looking in this day and age.

I have exactly the same problem with Canon MX470 incjet printer.

It seems that this issue is a common problem with some models of Canon ink jet printers.

I was trying to print address labels on Avery sheet.

When I tested on the regular US letter paper, it perfectly prints the label.

ow, when I insert the Avery sheet, the printer rejects the paper.  It takes the paper, but let out the paper without printing anything.

I've tried the solution of changing the setting on the device side by turning 'OFF' the detection-of-paper-width-size function.  The same problem continues.

I hope Canon will take this issue seriously, and re-design their future models.

I haven't still tried the 'photocopying solution'.  Maybe it might be the only get around method.

I have similar issues with my Canon MX472. It won't print labes on the the Avery labels. It prints on regular paper, but not on the label paper. It says page size not found. If I put the label paper on the back, it prints.

Announcements