cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my canon mg2100 prints the text twice, with the second set of words acting as a shadow

hayleebs
Apprentice

my printer is printing off balance and creating two sets of text. one set of text is shadowing the other. i know this is confusing, but help please 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hi hayleebs!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm having a similar problem.

I have not had any error messages and my printer is connected via USB.

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi hayleebs and LordSnow,

It seems like you may have a dirty encoder in your printer.  For more information on cleaning your encoder film, check out this excellent article from our Knowledge Base: Cleaning the Encoder Film MG2120.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cusertrumpl
Apprentice

I got this issue. I already cleant the encoder film and the encoder disc.

In the image, the pattern above should be just squares.

I can bypass the problem, when i set the paper type to photo paper every time I print.
Then it takes photo black instead of pigment black. But then duplex is not working. I also have to copy using a computer and scan and print it.
Scan 1.jpeg

This is EXACTLY what's happening to me.  And, like your sample, only SOME areas come out double; others are normal.  Really need a fix here!!!

Thank goodness for YouTube.  This user, Bassam, uploaded a video showing exactly what to do.

I have a Pixma MG2100, and the encoder strip is extremely hard to see (and not that easy to get to).  He is cleaning the exact same printer. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY4_P1IBiRM

Announcements