cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking at getting a MG7120. Have Questions

johnpd
Apprentice
I am looking at replacing my old MP610 with the new MG7120. In reviewing Canon's own page yield statistics between the two printers, I am somewhat dismayed. The old printer has twice to three times the page yields per comparable color inks over the MG7120. I see constant comments about the excessive ink usage on the newer printers even when the printer is not used that much as well as long delays especially in printing the first page while it is going through a maintenance process. I do not make heavy use of a printer, so I am concerned that the overall cost of this printer will be much higher than my current printer. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks, JohnD
2 REPLIES 2

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi johnpd,

There have been some significant upgrades to photo printing and the inks since the MP610 was introduced.  With the MG7120, and the XL ink tanks (which are comparably priced to the standard ink tanks used in the MP610), you should receive similar or greater page yields.  One major reason for this boost is the addition of the gray CLI-251 ink.  When gray appears in your printout, instead of using a mixture of all the other colors, the gray ink is used, reducing your overall ink consumption.

At the risk of sounding like a typical salesman, "I want to get you in the model that is right for you"!  If you are looking for a photo printer, the MG7120 is one of my top suggestions for a quality Photo All-in-One.  If however, you do not plan to make heavy use of the printer and only occasionally print photos, you might get more value from an Office All-in-One.

Please feel free to Contact Us if you have any additional questions.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your reply. I would not use the printer for printing photos very often. I would use it more for printing documents. I don't really need a fax so I was not looking at the office models but I will have a look at them to see if an office model would better fit my needs. JohnD
Announcements