cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 scan error 2,157,50

bbqyoung
Apprentice

My scanner used to work till yesterday.  Now when I try to scan, document is on the scanner, click scan from the cannon quick menu (as before), and it wakes up the printer/scanner, and seems to start scanning.  Then after several long minutes (longer than before), it gives me the error:  2,157,50.

I've restarted the printer several times, restarted the PC (OS- MS Vista), and restarted the network.

The printer prints fine, both airprint from iOS devices and the PC.

The scanner doesn't seem to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I downloaded the driver again, reiinstalled, didn't work.

I turned off firewall...and it works!

Now I have to disable the firewall every time I want to scan, but at least it works!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

jumberger
Apprentice

I've tried every solution here, nothing works. Found another solution that said router signal was low and Canon recomends signal strength of at least 50, mine is 81, that doesn't apply either. 

jumberger
Apprentice
I also added all Canon software to the firewall exceptions, still no luck.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue.

Never found a solution, replaced the printer instead.

It seems like Canon does't have a fix for this. All models seem to lose the scan function after the recent Windows 10 updates.It's about time they fixed this.

UPDATE: I ended up uninstalling my Avast Anti-Virus, Malware and CCleaner software and it started working again. Not sure which one was causing the problem, but at least it works now.

My scan quit several weeks ago. Tried to re-install the printer software several times and got an error each time. Printer can copy and print, but no scan. Guess this is due to a recent Windows 10 update. 

CFj

have also this error code for scanning.
I'v installed the new drivers (W10pro  64 bits) for my printer TR8550 and it's now OK .
Hope it's will help you.

I just had the same issue. I finnally deleted all the printers, uninstalled all the ij network and scanner utilities. then downloaded the driver setup from canon which reinstalls all the needed ij programs. working better than it has in a long time. Was always a little slow before.  did same procedure on both my PCs. Both working now

Yeah right sure

Announcements