cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing pixma mx850 on a windows 8 machine

MelissaOrange
Apprentice

I'm installing a PIXMA MX850 onto a laptop with Windows 8. Installation disk doesn't work. I've downloaded the drivers and software, but I need to know how to do the installation - e.g. which file do I run first? NON-techie here. Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

katerobinette16
Apprentice

I am having a similar issue with my canon mx850 printer, however the problem seems to be with the usb connection on my printer.

I have tested my cables on my roomate's canon mg2520, and they work fine, but when i have the mx 850 connected to my laptop via the same cables, under the hidden devices in device manager it says no printer connected.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It should also be noted that other than this the printer seems to be functioning fine, and I have installed all the devices on the canon website for the printer that were suggested, or at least gone as far in installation as I can with the printer "not" connected.

katerobinette16,

Double check to make sure that the USB cable is connected to the correct port on the back of the MX850.  It is possible to conenct a USB cable into the phone jacks or ethernet port if seated just right.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements