cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iP3300 printer not working

Margian1
Apprentice

I have an older Pixma iP3300 inkjet printer which worked just fine with my iMac using OS 10.12.6. The printer had run ot of ink and was not used for several months.

The flashing 'warning' indicator flashes 5 times indicating a printer head proble. I cleaned and dried it over 12 hours and installed new ink carts. Still, when used and I go to print, the local message says " Stopped - 'Filter' failed ".

Also, it turns up an error message (the one which is sent to Apple) of:

"Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /Library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter/Frameworks/BJStatus2.framework/Versions/A/BJStatus2
Referenced from: /Library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter/Filters/Command2CanonIJ.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Command2CanonIJ
Reason: image not found" 

Any thoughts on what's gpoing on would be very much appreiated.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, Margian1!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for this, but I am unable to access replies, other than the one from Danny on the 28th. Today, I received a notice of another reply, but the links don't seem to work and once again, am unable find my original posting with the problem on the Community site <https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/bd-p/faxing/page/4>

Sorry about this, but I am trying. 🙂

Hi Margian1,

The last driver made for the Mac operating system was for OS X Lion V10.7. Since there is no driver for you Mac running 10.12 and based on the error, the printer will need to be replaced.

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you Arthur. The phone number only works in the U. S., but I was able to order a new printer for delivery in a week or so. However, due to the advice from the various help data URLs within the Canon website, I now have all new ink carts and several others which have been refilled. Is there any recourse or resale ability for me to unload these now usless cartridges? The total value is probab;y around $200 CAD?

In case anyone else is wondering, they are all Pixma CANON 8 -- > 2 - PGI 5BK, 1 - CLI 8BK, 1 - CLI 8M (all unopened), There are 5 refills - 3 - CLI 8C & 2 - CLI 8M as well as 1 each (opened, but not used) of CLI BK, CLI 8M, CLI 8Y  and CLI 8C

Just wondering.

Announcements