cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i9900 color issues

sbstooger
Apprentice

Is anyone having issues with the i9900 not getting the colors right when printing from adobe or web pages?

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello sbstooger.

We would like to perform a few tests to ensure that the printer is working correctly. 

First, please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink.  The correct order is:

BCI-6PM  Photo Magenta
BCI-6R   Red
BCI-6BK  Black
BCI-6G   Green
BCI-6PC  Photo Cyan
BCI-6C   Cyan
BCI-6M   Magenta
BCI-6Y   Yellow

Next, a test of the printer should be performed.  The Nozzle Check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.  Please perform the following steps to print a Nozzle Check pattern:

1.  Turn the printer on and make sure paper is loaded into the sheet feeder.

2.  On your i9900, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light blinks twice. When you release the button, the Nozzle Check pattern will be printed.

3.  After the Nozzle Check pattern is printed, compare the results to the example that has been attached to this message.

Please let us know the results of these tests.

If you need additional assiistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cartridges are in the correct order.  Still no change.  Ran nozzle test and deep clean - same story.

additional info. when I ran the nozzle check only 1/2 the black bar and none of the red bar are printed. I removed the cartridges and pulled out the carrier and wiped clean. reinstalled and now get constant printer error.
Announcements