cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ghost printing on shipping labels

elisapeterson
Apprentice

My printer suddenly started printing clear but very pale ghost shipping labels. It prints my etsy orders and prints full color from Word Doc or google photos, so the ink is fine. I tried turning everything on and off. I uninstalled and reinstalled my printer. I changed from chrome to safari. I did not do ink patternchecks because, as I said, ful color is printing in Word Doc and Google photos. I also tried using he estdy shipping app instaead of my stamos.com. Still....the ghost print. Clear edges but too faint to use. 

4 REPLIES 4

elisapeterson
Apprentice

I 'm not sure if I enetered my post, so forgive me if this is a duplicate. My printer is suddenly printing ghost like shipping labels. Actually, the text is not ghost-like, as in double image, but is very faint gray, although the edges are clear.The color and black are good on Word docs and google photos, I tried all the usual fixes...turning everything off, then on, deinstalling the printer. It confounds me that it will print color for just certain things but not shipping labels. I tried printing the labels in two different apps, but the problem persisted. It feels like a settings problem but I can't figure it out. Again, there is no streaking or dark and light. When I print from word docs or Etsy orders or google photos, the color and black ink work fine.

Danny

Hi, elisapeterson!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have a canon mx922.

My printer does not have ink problems; it is printing good color and blacks from the internet and google photos or my etsy shop. When I try and print shipping labels from any of my accounts (  Stamps.com or UPS) the labels print in light gray, too light to be scannable. Also, it will not print anything from the platen...nothing, not even a faint gray. 

Hi elisapeterson,

Please clean the encoder/timing strip. To clean the encoder/timing strip, please follow the steps outlined in the following Knowledgebase Article available from our web site:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142447

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements