cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG8220 "Filter failed" message

briangevans
Contributor

I got the filter failed message, got everything sorted, deleted printer, deleted operating manual, and then went and added back the operating system, and it comes back and says not downloaded because Apple can't check for viruses. how do I get this installed, I need my printer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This forum isn’t Canon online support. Just fellow photogs trying to help. There should be an email link on the support site. 

Go into System Preferences->Security and see if there are any alerts requesting disk or file access authorization. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

briangevans
Contributor

“PrinterDriver_MG8200 series_162000.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Maybe try this download:

https://id.canon/en/support/0100565602?model=5293B

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ok, so I downloaded that, but I get a response that says, "PrinterDriver_MG8200series_162000.pkg" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.  This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Danny

Hi, briangevans!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know which Canon printer model you're using and exactly which version of macOS you're running. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

The printer I am using is a Canon Pixma MG8220, and the Apple Macintosh computer I am using has been updated to macOS Monterey version 12.3.1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon a call at (866) 261-9362 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

they say that item is exclusively supported online, and promptly hang up

This forum isn’t Canon online support. Just fellow photogs trying to help. There should be an email link on the support site. 

Go into System Preferences->Security and see if there are any alerts requesting disk or file access authorization. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

HEY!  Thank You, so much!  I was able to get the printer added and it works, I just need to get a new black ink, but other than that it works perfectly. I love it as it actually prints photos much better than the new one. thanks again.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements