cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disc printing error

goatfoot
Contributor

My Image Garden app features and information/images in the manual do not match. I am using iMac OS X El Capitan v10.11.3 and My Image Garden(MIG) v3.2.0. The manual is Canon IJ On-Screen v1.9.0. My printer is a MG6300 (v11.2 driver 13.7.1.0) series. I updated the firmware to v11.05 I think but the printer shows 11.2.

Using the disc printing feature in MIG the image is printing off-center on the disc by 1/2 inch. Looking in the Advanced Settings in MIG there is no way to adjust the Print Area that is shown in the On-Screen manual. Searched Canon website for update to On-Screen manual and found exact information that is in the manual on my computer. At the top of the manual online & my copy shows a path: MIG Guide > MIG Screens > Main Screen > My Art View > Advanced Settings Dialog (Disc Label) with a neat image below of the Advanced Settings dialog window and possible Print Area changes. 

Is the online manual out-of-date? Did they remove the Advanced Settings Dialog window? Where is the My Art View that should be in the Main Screen of MIG? Is there any update software to Canon printers after 2015?

What I am doing is creating a full disc size image (4.7 inch) in Apple Pages app and using Apple Grab app (area = Cmd+Shift+A). Exporting to a xxxx.tiff image. Opening My Image Garden and drag/drop into the circle in disc print feature. Sending to MG6300 printer. I have printed 50 discs with no problems - image is centered properly on the discs. All of a sudden the image is starting to shift vertically by about 1/16 inch each time. Now the image is 1/2 inch off-center. My USB cable has been the same and connection to printer is same setup. I do not us wireless printing. All other document and photo prints are coming out normal.

Anyone else getting this printer error? Thanks in advance for any ideas to fix this.

4 REPLIES 4

BillS
Mentor

Hello Goatfoot,

The progressive misalignment of disc images normally indicates that the disc holder is not being fully drawn into the printer.  You can test this by printing a disc image using Easy-PhotoPrint instead.  Easy-PhotoPrint can be found in Applications in the Canon Utilities Folder.  If the image is still not properly aligned, the rollers are not drawing the tray in all the way and the printer will require repair.

If not, then it is a software issue that can be resolved by reinstalling My Image Garden or using Easy-PhotoPrint.

I hope this helps!  Please click Accept as Solution if it does!

Thaks for your suggestions.

I noticed the backside of the disc tray was not clean so I sprayed some GooGone on a dry wash cloth and cleaned the tray. That did not fix the problem. Removed the printer and My Image Garden from computer and re-installed both. Also installed the Easy PhotoPrint app. Still getting image on discs by about 1/2 inch using both apps. The adjust print option is only plus or minus 0.20 vertical? I wonder where the Advanced Settings dialog window shown in the MIG Guide is - it is not in the MIG app when printing. Another update of software and not updating the user guide that happens in some companies.

The printer is only a few months old and printed only 50 discs with the tray. Really not impressed with disc printing feature if only 50 discs can be printed. The back of the disc tray is scratched various places where I believe the rollers might be. Sounds like a bad mechanical design problem. I will be looking for Canon repair center in my area or apply for new printer or tray under the warranty.

Then I found this on the "self-help" page:

To keep the print quality at an optimal level, it is recommended to stop printing discs once every ten discs when printing more than ten discs continuously.

I am printing only one or two a day.

I obtained a new disc printing tray and same problem exists using the new tray. So, it must be something with the rollers inside the printer. When I find the purchase reciept I will take it to repair shop in my area and hopefully get it fixed.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements