cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth upgrading printer for cardstock?

jonathane40
Apprentice

Hi, I am looking into upgrading our current printer Canon Pixma 882 and we are thinking about getting a Canon Pixma Pro-100 which would end up being around $100 after rebate from B&H. It seems that both printers use the same type of ink (Chromalife 100+) which is dye based. The printing that we will be doing is mostly on an 80-110 lbs. cardstock. We don't currently print professional photographs, only family photographs every once in a while.

Do you guys think it would make a huge difference to upgrade from our current printer to the Pixma Pro-100 or would it really merit the extra cost to get a pigment based printer like Canon's Pixma Pro-10? For what I have read, Canon states that the Chromalife 100+ should last for around 100 years without fading. However, I haven't been able to find any info that confirms this.

I am not well versed in printers and most of the information I have read comparing pigment with dye printers focuses on printing on photo paper instead of cardstock. Our main concern is that prints on Canon's Pixma Pro-100 would fade too soon.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements