cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't print from rear tray

lmj
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG6220. No matter what I do it won't print from the rear tray from a source on the web. I go to both the quick setting and main tab and select "rear tray." Still prints from cassette. I took out the paper from the cassette. Won't print unti I load paper in the cassette. I even selected a different paper than plain paper and selected rear tray - but it still printed from the cassette.

I selected "continuous autofeed" for a default, removed paper from the cassette - and it still wouldn't print from paper loaded in the rear tray.

It will print from the rear tray if it's a document originating from my computer (or at least I just tried that and it worked). I did not change from plain paper, I only had to select rear tray.

Yes, I realize "save the document to your computer" will be a suggestion, but the website won't let me. It's a "free printable" that is not downloadable.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The issue may also be related to a setting in your web browser.  Check to see if your browser has a Page Setup option.  This menu may be controlling the paper feed setting.

If the issue persists, please try using a different web browser to test the unit.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks! It still didn't work when selecting rear tray from what I think was the browser settings. But you are right in that is where the problem is - I was using Firefox and when I switched to IE, it took from the rear tray. Now I know what to do.

Announcements