cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon PIXMA MG5420 printer is not recognized by my Mac nor my Dell.

FormerCanonEmp
Apprentice

This is item is brand new and has been inop for the last 3-4 weeks as I did not have time to address this issue.  Sadly, the item sat boxed for 2 months or I would have returned it immediately.  Beyond irritated and frustrated!  Any ideas on correcting this connectivity issue?

5 REPLIES 5

Jason
Whiz

Hi, thanks for posting!

The community is eager to assist! To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we’ll need to know the version of Windows and Mac you are using.  Also, are you trying to connect the printer through the wireless or USB connection?  We look forward to hearing back from you!

Thank you for the rapid response.   I am utilizing a wireless connection; Windows Vista/OSX.  Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Evidently the community is NOT that eager to assist......will be purchasing a DIFFERENT brand printer this weekend.  Thanks for assisting in my drawn conclusion.  Much appreciated!

Hello,

We appreciate your reply, and apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused for you.  We do hope someone in the community will be able to help with your PIXMA MG5420.  If this a time-sensitive matter, we'd suggest reaching out to our technical support department at http:bitly.com/ContactCanon.

Please note that the forums aren't meant for immediate technical assistance (per the forum guidelines), but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If you've come across a problem that requires urgent assistance, we'd recommend contacting our technical support team by phone or email through the link above (or just click HERE).

We hope this helps!

Hello.

For testing purposes, please check the current connection status of the printer:

1.  Go to the Home menu or press the Home button.

2.  Use the up or down arrow keys until Setup appears, then select Setup.

3.  Select Device Settings and press OK.

4.  Select LAN Settings.

5.  Select Confirm Lan Settings.

6.  Select WLAN Settings List.

Is the Connection status Active?

If so, please make sure that the computers are connected to the same Wi-Fi router as the printer before reinstalling the unit.

If these troubleshooting steps do not work, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements