cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my ink run out so quickly?

AndymAndym
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MP620.  I bought all new cartriges for it a couple of months ago, have printed only B&W word documents, and far fewer than 100 documents, yet my black is empty, and the magenta and cyan are dangerously low.  The yellow is at half.  I figure I've paid almost $1.00 per B&W page.

WTF?

61 REPLIES 61

chybaskids
Apprentice

Oh come on. We all know how and in what order to insert our ink cartridges. What everyone wants to know is 1-WHY are the ink cartridges so expensive; 2-WHY they run our of ink so fast no matter what a person does.

I personally don't ever turn off my printer. My Pixma 8620 doesn't run nozzle checks or anything else unless I make it do that. I have, however, bought inks on Amazon for WAY cheaper that last at least as long or longer than the Canon ones do. Plus they're XXL too.  

If your printer doesn't run regular nozzle cleaning by itself, then your the only Canon printer owner where that (doesn't) happen. After putting a new set of 3rd party inks in the printer and going on vacation for 3 weeks forgetting to turn it off, I came back and found them only half full. The printer is in a dark room so no sun forced evaporation. Canon designed the printer to rip users off.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements