cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Wide Band On Photos

scnrfrq
Contributor

Since the last 2 MS Updates on Windows 10, when I print photos there is a wide white band across them. Happens with 2 printers and 2 PC's. If I uninstall the updates, printing is normal. How do I fix this?

11 REPLIES 11

TrishD
Apprentice

I am having same issue.  It prints a wide white band on the 4 x 6 photos.  Does not do it on the card size 2x3 sizes.  AND it does not do it if I print from my phone.  Only printing from my computer.  Windows 10.

scnrfrq
Contributor

I found if I print thru the Photos app it works OK for all sizes. If I use MS Office Picture Manager I get the white band. It's annoying since you know MS will force the updates on us even if they cause issues.

It is frustrating.  I like to print from my computer once I have cropped and enhanced them.  Don't like printing from the phone. Makes the selphy useless to me.

Greetings,

Unless you both own the same printer, are using the same operating system (and build) and are also printing from the same application, your issues are unrelated.

Picture Manager was included with Microsoft Office 2010 and earlier versions of Office Suite.  Its not included with Office 2013/2016/2019. 

Office 2010 went EOL October 13, 2020.  Using an application which is no longer receiving support from MS might yield unexpected results.  Although it may continue to run, some features may not continue to work as newer builds of the operating system or updates are introduced.  

My recommendation, use a current (supported) application for printing.  There are several (including free) alternatives.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick.  I'm not a technical wizard ...far from it.  So I print from my computer.  Just a file no app.  Are you saying that I need an app on my computer that is compatible?  Such as the app I have on my phone Canon Print?  Can I download that to my computer as well?

I confirmed it is Windows 10 MS Security Update KB5000802 causing the banding problem. I uninstalled it a few days ago and printing was fine. Last night MS forced the update on me and now the banding is back. I have a Pixma MX870 and a 922. Also a desktop and laptop. All are seeing this problem with that update installed.

Does this mean out Canon products are no good with MS?  Besides uninstalling an update there must be something that Canon can do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was getting the same white band across all the photos, on two different printers (one not a Canon, but a Dell laser printer). I uninstalled the most recent Windows 10 update - KB5000802 - and the problem went away. Hope this helps.

Thats what I did too. But Windows 10 puts it right back in - you can't stop it.

Announcements