cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Are the Solutions to the Problems Posted in the Community???

CSLBC
Contributor

Is this just a place to post problems?

I don't see Canon offering any advice - or apologies for the issues customers are having with their products. 

Maybe I'm missing something....

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I guess you are referring to (your) printer?

If you'd like assistance or help, you'll need to identify your product, tell us what operating system you are using it with and the problem you are experiencing.  Please also share any troubleshooting steps you've performed and anything else you feel might be relevant.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Please see my erroneously sent reply to myself above😊...

Thanks!!!

CSLBC
Contributor

Yes, I am referring to my Canon MX490 inkjet printer.

I am using Microsoft Windows 10 operating system.

The problem that I am experiencing is that after I applied the firmware update fix to stop my printer from cycling on w/Canon logo on operating screen on printer, and the inability to use any manual keys on the printer, my wireless printer will now not print wirelessly.

I have powered the printer off and on; unplugged and re-plugged the power cord on the printer; reset my modem and checked to see that my printer is connected to my network (which it shows that it is). It still won't print.

Please advise.

Thanks!!!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please confirm.  You've applied the firmware update and the printer now powers up normally.  Display is normal, sits idle but you cannot print?  

If yes, start here:

Log into your wireless router and confirm the printer is in fact connected to your network. Not what the printer says, but on the router.  Reserve or assign it a static IP address and note this IP.  Why? so it doesn't change moving forward. 

Now open Settings > Control Panel > Device and Printers

Find the printer and right-click on it , select remove device

shadowsports_0-1655392233611.png

Now use the "Add a Printer" button above

shadowsports_1-1655392288325.png

Now select the printer I want is not listed

shadowsports_2-1655392339834.png

Now select add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname. press next

shadowsports_3-1655392417900.png

Enter the IP of the printer (Hostname or IP field) , the one you set / confirmed on the router 

shadowsports_4-1655392651475.png

Press next.  The printer will be detected and installed. If it doesn't detect, then the IP you specified is not correct, its not connected to your wireless.  Other possibility is 3rd party anti-virus software which might block communication (if applicable).

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements