cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP1600 What is a filter failure?

Lybrah
Apprentice

I have a Canon 1600 printer.  It has worked fine for years, but last night it wouldn't print.  It kept saying "Filter Failure."  I have a MacBook Pro.  I reset the printer and restarted the computer, but that did not work.  I downloaded something and that didn't work.  I really need my printer. 

4 REPLIES 4

greyparrot
Contributor

If you are using macoS 10.12 Sierra and are getting 'Filter Error' check this: It's a workaround until Canon issues a new driver.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART166616&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

Having this issue with my iMac now.  No option for air printing so no way to make the workaround work.  Any other tips?  I really need to print some forms for my home business.

Sorry, I can't help you I only know the workaround. Still waiting fro Canon to fix this problem. They are taking a long time, guess it's not a priority.

WorkedForMe
Contributor

I had a “filter” fail error on Canon Image Class MF3010 both trying to print online as well as when downloaded on to my Mac Sonoma 14.2.1 computer. The solution was to Control + click on the name of the file on my computer in Finder, Open With, Change to Mozilla Firefox. It would open and then print.   ..    ..    ..   Then I changed the default PDF viewer on my Mac computer which was Preview. It wasn’t working on my Mac giving me the “filter” error. I Control clicked the name again, clicked Get Info, then scrolled down to Open With and the drop down menu has Default, click that and scroll down to Firefox and make that your default Open With.  Wishing everyone drama-free printing!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements