cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do if there is a print head error 059?

lcostrander
Apprentice

Feeling frustrated.  My printer has worked just fine.  Suddenly today I went to change the yellow ink.  When I turned around to put a new ink catridge in, the machine had gone completely off--- no lights, nothing.  After unplugging and plugging the printer in a few times, it finally regained power, but then showed the error above.  Please advise.

Lara

5 REPLIES 5

kozydawg
Apprentice

Lara,

Aren't printer issues frustrating? And you get no where with finding help. Have you tried aligning the printer head? I have been so frustrated with my own issues but I can't bring myself to try a factory reset to see if it helps me, but it may be an option for you.

Good luck

Kozydawg

Thanks for your reply.  I don't have time to do a factory reset.  And am hoping there are other options moving ahead.  If I have to purchase a new printer, I'm not confident I'll go with the Canon brand (based on this experience).  ??

Ramona
Authority

Hi lconstrander,

To try and resolve the error, please remove all of the ink tanks and print head from the unit, then reseat them.  If the error is not resolved, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back and leave it out for at least 10 minutes then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the error persists,the printer may require servicing; please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Ramona,

I appreciate your reply.  I tried talking out the ink cartriges, etc and unplugging the printer for an extended period of time.  It does not work. 

If having the printer serviced requires sending it out, I don't have the time to wait for it to be shipped out, fixed, and returned.   I use this for work and cannot be without it.  What other suggetions might you have?

Lara

Hi lcostrander,

Since you continue to experience difficulty, we have several servicing options available for you to get you back up and running as soon as possible.  We ask that you please call or email us using the information on the Contact Us page so we can provide you with detailed information on your available options. When contacting us, please have your printer model, serial number and purchase date available. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements