cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated firmware makes green trees pink

cougarose
Apprentice

At least I think that's the cause. I have never had a problem with my Canon MG 7720 until I updated the firmware. Now when I print pictures green leafs on trees are pink. I've run the whole troubleshooting issues that I can think of... replaced low (but not depleted) ink cartridges, did a nozzle cleanse, auto head alignment, basically all the maintainance but still it prints pink leaves. I just don't know what to do at this point. I really don't want to throw this printer in the trash like I did with the Hewlett Packard printer. There must be someone who makes a good product and stands behind it. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem? Should I uninstall and reinstall the printer? Will tthat fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

cougarose
Apprentice

When I go to Start>Canon Utilities>My Printer, a pop up shows (among other things) Troubleshooting. On that menu I can see Update the printer driver. Clicking on that sends me to a page that says "This site is not secure. This might mean that someone's trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately. Any ideas what the heck is going on?

Greetings,

Could you provide a picture of the output for us please.

Just a snap shot is fine.

Since we haven't seen anything, I can only guess.

Typically when a color photo prints with a pink or magenta cast, it means that double color management is occuring.

Meaning both the printer driver and the application you are printing from are telling the printer what color profiles to use for the output.  This causes a mismatch.

Does black text print correctly?

Does the output from a print head alignment and nozzle check patter look correct?  If so, the problem is likely double color management.

See this forum post which basically describes a similar problem

You can let us know if this describes the issue you are seeting.

Installing newer print drivers is not necessary, unless they address a specific problem or add enchanced functionality.  I would troubleshoot with the existing driver and update if you don't have a positive result.

Here is the support page fro your printer. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements