cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get PIXMA TR4722 to be Recognized in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

deckerjrwe
Apprentice

I am Unable to get Newly Purchased Canon pixma TR4722 Printer to be Recognized in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Operating System.  I have downloaded the appropriate Drivers from Canon's Website (USA) , but , the Printer will not be recognized in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS With the Debian Based Driver Software.  Please Help. Thank You.  Regards, Wilfred E. Decker Jr.

[Personal information removed per Community guidelines]

2 REPLIES 2

normadel
Authority
Authority

Did the driver appear to install? If so, this does not magically make the printer appear in your printer list, like with Windows. You still have to go through the "Add Printer" process, which is where you select the printer model, local or networked. This final setup is when the printer gets added.

Hello normadel,  Thank you for the timely response to my inquiry about being unable to use Canon Pixma TR4722 Printer in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.  Despite having installed the appropriate Debian Driver software from Canon's Website via Gdebi Program in Ubuntu, when I attempt to "Add a Printer" from the Settings  Menu in Ubuntu (Settings-Printers-Add a Printer), Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Searches for a Printer, but, the Result is "CUPS-BRF-Printer" which is labeled "Generic-Text Only Printer" and "Ready", but, there seems to be no communication between the Canon Pixma TR4722 Multi-Function Printer and the Ubuntu OS.  Any additional suggestions or help that you are able to provide to me will be greatly appreciated. 

Please note  that I am attempting to connect the printer to my computer via a USB Printer cable.

Announcements