cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install of pixma TR4722 stuck b/c does not recognize covers ARE open. says "open the covers"

jtaba
Apprentice

Upon trying to install the PIXMA TR4722 I insert ink cartridges and it tells me to open the covers. THEY ARE OPEN but it doesn't do anything - doesn't seem to sense they are open. Can't figure out how to get help.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jtaba,

What is the Support Code that appears on the display of your PIXMA TR4722?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our Technical Support Team:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jtaba
Apprentice

There is no error - no place to respond etc. all it says is "open the covers" and it freezes there. Since I was unable to get help from anyone b/c they all insisted I must be getting an error, I just kept booting and trying to reinstall and it finally sensed they WERE open and continued on.

millylamp
Apprentice

I just ran into this issue. Canon is picky and wants you to follow the instruction to the T. Remove your ink cartridges, close everything up and turn printer off and start again. Start  by following the instruction step by step. Open the color side first inset color ink till you hear a beep and secure it. Next do the black ink and then close the cover. 🙄 if this doesn’t work try it again with the app. It’s annoying. I’m posting this for the people who run into this problem. I am aware this thread is old.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements