cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS5100 Unable to delete document from print queue

pippaj
Apprentice

My printer [Canon PIXMATS1500 series] has been working beautifully until I tried to delete a document from the print queue.  The screen says "deleting" but has said that for days now, and nothing happens.  I was able to cancel all the other documents, but can't get rid of this one, and can't print until it's gone.  HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pippaj.

If a job gets stuck on your computer, there a a couple of steps you can follow to manually remove it. You can remove the job by following the steps below.

1. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in services.msc and click OK.
  2. In the list of services that appears, you can scroll through and double click on the print spooler service.
  3. At the bottom of the spooler you can click on the stop button.
  4. Once the spooler has been stopped, you can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in spool and click OK.
  5. In the window that comes up, you can right click and delete the printers folder.
  6. You can go back to the print spooler window and then you can click start at the bottom of the window.

Once the spooler service has been started again, you can close the windows and try printing something.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Danny

Hi, pippaj!

So that the Community can help you better, we'll need to know exactly which printer model you're using.  To date, Canon USA, has not produced a printer with the model number you mentioned, though we recently introduced a PIXMA TR150.  We also have a PIXMA TS5100 series of printers with the North American version being the PIXMA TS5120.  We'll also need to know which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

As I'm in North America, the model seems to be PIXMA TS5120.  

I'm running on Windows 10.  Although this isn't urgent, I really would like to be able to print.

Thanks for your help - I am somewhat of a neophyte in this sort of issue.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pippaj.

If a job gets stuck on your computer, there a a couple of steps you can follow to manually remove it. You can remove the job by following the steps below.

1. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in services.msc and click OK.
  2. In the list of services that appears, you can scroll through and double click on the print spooler service.
  3. At the bottom of the spooler you can click on the stop button.
  4. Once the spooler has been stopped, you can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in spool and click OK.
  5. In the window that comes up, you can right click and delete the printers folder.
  6. You can go back to the print spooler window and then you can click start at the bottom of the window.

Once the spooler service has been started again, you can close the windows and try printing something.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the help - easy to follow instructions

I am also experiencing this issue.

Pixma MX922

Windows 10

MS Office 2019

I am able to print most photos, pdfs but have not been able to print Word or Excel documents. I have used the manual print queue clearing process Hector described but still not able to print Word or Excel docs.  I also read that the files (FP00001.SH and FP00001.SPL) that appear in the PRINTERS folder are normally deleted automatically after each print job is completed.  This automatic deletion of these files appears to not be happening in my case which leaves the print queue stuck and does not allow another print job to begin.

Please help me to correct the problem where the files mentioned are not cleared from the PRINTERS folder found when Windows key and R key are pressed and spool entered.

My user name for the community is DougDB.

Hi DougDB,

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Windows 10, as earlier versions had an issue with the printer spooler.

Please use the following link to perform this.  Please note, you may have to perform the update manually.  This is outlined on that page as well:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-the-windows-10-october-2020-update-7d20e88c-0568-483...

I have this problem with my brand new pixma tr 8620. I have the latest Windows updates as of January 23. I've installed and uninstalled the driver to no avail. Plus printing time for first page was 1 min 40 sec. I could live with that, but not the document remaining in queue after it has printed. 

I did all of that, called Canon, customer service rep said it was a microsoft problem, gave me a number to call. No human at other end. I threw in the towel and returned the printer. Enough already.

OMGOSH!  Directions that are clear and accurate, leaving out NO steps, for those of us that don't have a clue!!!  Thank you!

Announcements