cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Types of paper you can use

MJJ
Contributor

I have a PIXMA MG3620 Is it possible to print on clear sticker paper, and what settings to use? I have not been successful with this. Regular labels are no problem.

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Most likely no. Dye ink printers like yours rely on the ink being absorbed into the paper surface. Sprinkle some water drops on the sticker material and see what happens. Same thing will happen with the ink.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

OOPS!!!!! The thing I forgot to say is that the paper will not go through the printer.  

HI! I looked at a video on YouTube and discovered someone using the photo print setting on a Canon printer, with photo paper listed as media,   to print clear stickers so I tried it and it worked! I was able to print the page from Word using that setting. Thanks for your timely replies. If anyone else has the same problem, you can advise them as to setting.

CariM
Contributor

You should be able to print on overhead transparencies, the kind used for overhead projectors. They have a special coating to absorb the ink. Whether or not you could then cut out the printing & add adhesive on the back I have no idea. But it’s somewhere to start.

OOPS!!! What I forgot to say is that the paper will not go through the printer. DUH! I did get it to print one time only. It was awhile ago and I forgot the problem. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Oh. If you mean it won't feed, what I have read that some people do to resolve that is tape a starter section of regular paper to the leading edge of the film. That seems to give the printer something more substantial to grab.

I have no personal experience, however.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, I will give it a try!! 😁

Announcements