cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to set up MX922 to scan.

cindylighter
Apprentice

Have set up new MX922 to print wireless.  Want to scan wireless as well but printer does not recognize wireless connection.  Only option to choose from is HDMI connection.  Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Hi Cindylighter!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what Computer Operating System you're using. (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x) 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks Tiffany for reminding me.  It's a Mac OS X 10.9.5.

i just wnet trough this with a mac book- system would not find the printer. so went online and downloaded drivers for the MAc- ran it again - stilldidnt link up went away for an hour and when I cam back - it had found the connection. this printer is really slow with any wireless activity. Make sure the printer is close tot he access point. I had mine upstairs - directly over the router and the printer only had a 1% signal. Now in sa,e room as router- ten feet away - and still only shows 11% signal. then again - only cost $99.

Ramona
Authority

Hi cindylighter,

You will need to have the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX running on your computer in order to scan wirelessly.  To ensure it is running, from the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Network Scanner Selector EX folder, then the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX icon.

If you still have difficulty scanning wirelessly with the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX program running, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements