cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble printing CD on my MG6220 printer (MAC OS X)

SimplePrinter
Apprentice

I'm using Mac OSX 10.9, and a Canon Pixma MG6220. I connect to it wirelessly, and my drivers are up-to-date.

I am using an application called Disc Cover 3 (Belight Software, 2013).

When I try to print to a printable CD, I am never given the option to choose the CD tray as my print media.

When I try to print CDs, I follow this procedure:

1) Open the inner cover, load a cd on the tray, and align the try with the with arrows.

2) From the computer, I send a print command; in the print dialogue, I select the [Quality & Media] tab and attempt to set the [Media Type] to Printable Disc. 

And that is where the problem is. It's never listed as an option, althought the print has the tray installed and ready to print. If I do proceed, the printer then tells me that the inner cover is open. (Well, no kidding!)

I'm not sure how to resolve this - any tips would be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello SimplePrinter.

Before printing, you would also have to choose the correct paper size in the Page Setup menu.  Please click File and choose Page Setup.  From there, make sure that the MG6200 is selected and then change the paper size to the Disk Tray size. 

This should allow you to print the disk from the program.

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements