cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9020 leaving abrasive marks on printed discs.

AekaGSR
Apprentice

I just received my TS9020 and I'm getting some abrasive scratch marks on the printed side of printable discs.  This is what I bought it for and I don't need fresh scratches on the discs.  Is the printer defective or is there something I can do?

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet), and the app you're using to print your discs. 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Windows 10, Wifi Network, using the supplied canon print on disc software.

I don't know what this has to do with a mechanical issue.

Using a cd stomper defeats the purpose of getting this printer.  I wanted to print direct to disc, the discs also sit below the lip of the tray, so I'm confused why it is making contact.  It isn't the print head hiting as the lines are perpandicular to the print head movement, but parallel to the tray movement.

20190324_115027.jpg

Looks really nice, but I can see the abrasion scuffs you are talking about. 

It definitely has to to with the tray.  To be safe, try a different brand of discs.  Its hitting somewhere.  If it continues, I don't think the retailer is going to have a problrem exchanging it if you show them the discs its outputting.

You can call Canon as well.      

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi AekaGSR,

I agree with Rick and if the other set of CD's still have the abrasion marks, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays). 

We look forward to hearing from you

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Printable discs.  - Its a one at a time operation and because of their thinkness, its possible you'll get some marks.

I always used printable labels like "CD Stomper" and then applied to the disks myself.  This always provided consistent results which were free from scratches, marks or abrasions..

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements